What's So Special About Our Courses
- Our classes are longer. Many Permaculture courses are taught in 10-11 days leaving participants wanting more. Courses taught by the IIEA are among the best in the field and are at least 15 days long.
- We have more teachers than other courses typically featuring only one or two people. Up to ten teachers per course is common.
- Although official class time is 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., a diverse group of presenters will be offering from one to three events per evening, often until 11 p.m.
- New material developed since the publication of Permaculture: A Designer's Manual. For instance, detailed information on the nuts and bolts of CSA farming, retirement crops, how to devise your farm/organization's legal structure to avoid paying unnecessary taxes, examples of making a living in ways that don't cause you to compromise your ecological/social values, straw bale and other "post-industrial" architecture, valuable new written handouts, illustrations & resource lists.
- We appear to be the only permaculture teaching organization whose course food is virtually be all organic and purchased or donated directly from the farmers who produce it!! It may cost more but we have to walk our talk, don't we?
- Scholarships to encourage participation by people of diverse cultural and economic backgrounds. Due to our strong international recruitment, you'll often be learning alongside colleagues from other countries.
- Our teachers will be people making their living doing permaculture not just teaching it.